Join a local CERT team and help out in your community! Future CERT Trainings to be announced
- To learn more about how to start a CERT team or for questions about CERT training sessions, contact Amanda Smith email@example.com.
Union Parish CERT Training: Attend a two-day training to learn basic Community Emergency Response Training.
- Date/Time: Saturday, July 10 and Saturday, July 24; 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Location: Farmerville Fire Department - 302 MLK Drive, Farmerville, LA 71241
CERT Train-the-Trainer: Attend a two-day training to learn how to train and host your own Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) training in your community.
- Date/Time: Monday, August 2nd and Tuesday, August 3rd; 8:30am to 4:00pm
- Location: State Library, 701 N. 4th Street, Baton Rouge
- Prerequisite: Basic CERT Training
Additional Volunteer Training Opportunities
NOLA Ready Volunteer Corps: Learn how to become a volunteer with the city of New Orleans and help serve the community during disasters.
- Intro to City-Assisted Evacuation Volunteer Training: June 17th from 6pm to 7pm; register here
- Intro to City-Assisted Evacuation Volunteer Training: June 26th from 10am to 11am; register here
Volunteer Toolbox: The Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) has drafted a Volunteer Toolbox resource for non-profits utilizing volunteers in times of disaster.
Volunteer Hours Tracking: Volunteer time can be used to help with cost share during disasters. Click here for a flyer on the value of volunteer time and please see the links below to download the GOHSEP forms to track volunteer hours.