- If you are a medical professional who wants to volunteer, you can register with the Louisiana Department of Health at https://www.lava.dhh.louisiana.gov/
- If you are already affiliated with a response organization, please contact them directly. They will let you know when conditions are safe and when they will begin deploying volunteers.
- If you are not already affiliated with a response organization, you can sign up at https://volunteerlouisiana.galaxydigital.com/user/register/ We will keep you updated on volunteer opportunities and let you know when response organizations begin accepting additional volunteers.
IMPORTANT: Please do not self-deploy. Connect and affiliate with an organization, then delpoy when invited to do so. Unaffiliated, self-deployed volunteers can create additional burdens on affected communities and can pull resources away from survivors.
- A list of Hurricane Ida resources can be found at www.hurricanerecovery.la.gov
- If you have disaster-related questions, call 211
- If you're out-of-state and trying to reach the Louisiana 211, call 800-755-5175
- For shelter information, text LASHELTER to 898-211
- For assistance with home and property damage, contact Crisis Cleanup at 844-965-1386
- Register for DSNAP assistance at http://www.dcfs.la.gov/page/dsnap-registration
- To apply for disaster aid, contact FEMA at 1-800-621-FEMA or DisasterAssistance.gov
- If you need help with tarping, reach out to Operation Blue Roof at www.blueroof.us or call 1-888-766-3258.
Volunteer Toolbox: The Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) has drafted a Volunteer Toolbox resource for non-profits utilizing volunteers in times of disaster.
Volunteer Hours Tracking: Please see the links below to download GOHSEP forms to track volunteer hours.