On-Going Disaster Volunteer Opportunities
Below is a listing of current volunteer needs related to hurricane recovery, COVID, and other needs in Louisiana. Please contact the organizations directly if you are intersted in volunteering. Also note that recovery from major storms will take a very long time and volunteers will be needed in the weeks, months, and even years ahead.
* Watch a brief video or read some guidelines on how to volunteer safely during the COVID-19 situation
HURRICANE RECOVERY NEEDS
* City of New Orleans/NOLA Ready: is looking for volunteers to join the NOLA Ready Volunteer Corps; Sign up here
* Rebuilding Together New Orleans: is looking for volunteers to help with immediate debris removal and securing property and roofs; Sign up here
* Salvation Army: looking for volunteers to help with hurricane recovery; Sign up here
* Samaritan's Purse: is looking for volunteers to help with disaster recovery efforts in and around the Lake Charles area; Sign up here
* SBP: is looking for volunteers to help with Hurricane Laura rebuilding efforts in Vinton, LA; Sign up here
* United Way of Southwest Louisiana: volunteers are needed to help with the Huricane Laura Relief Center and other hurricane recovery projects; Sign up here
* Rebuilding Together Catholic Charities of Acadiana: looking for volunteers to help with disaster recovery from Hurricanes Laura and Delta; Sign up here
* United Way of Acadiana: looking for volunteers to sign up now to help with disaster recovery needs as they arise; Sign up here
* Second Harvest Food Bank: currently looking for volunteers to help pack meals for hurricane response; Sign up here
* St. Joseph Diner: currently looking for volunteers to assist with food preparation; Sign up here
* United Way of Central Louisiana: looking for volunteers to sign up to help with disaster recovery; Sign up here
* United Way of Northeast Louisiana: looking for volunteers to help with debis clean up; Sign up here
* Red Cross of Louisiana: Is looking for volunteers to support a variety of needs with the Hurricane Laura recovery, learn more here
* Volunteers of America of Southeast Louisiana, in partnership with the Louisiana Department of Health is looking for Volunteer Runners to help pick up and delive rimmediate needs (food, medication) to COVID positive individuals quarantined at home. Volunteer Runners are especially needed in the following parishes: New Orleans, Jefferson Parish, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, Acadiana, Shreveport, Monroe and surrounding areas. Sign up to volunteer here.
FOR VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATIONS
Volunteer Toolbox: The Governor's Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness (GOHSEP) has drafted a Volunteer Toolbox resource for non-profits utilizing volunteers in times of disaster.
Volunteer Hours Tracking: Please see the links below to download GOHSEP forms to track volunteer hours.
Volunteer Forms - Daily
Volunteer Forms - Weekly
Volunteer Forms - Equipment
Volunteer Forms - Materials
For more information on disaster services or to share volunteer needs, contact Volunteer Louisiana at: